During the month of February, the Washington Caldwell community will be collecting donations to send a care package to a soldier serving overseas. The purpose of the care package is to let this soldier know we are thinking of him and thankful for his service. This is a very special solder to Washington, he is one of our very own graduates, Jeremy Mielke. Cpl Mielke is in the Army and currently deployed to Afghanastan. There will be collection boxes in Ms. Bozio’s room for donations. Please see the attached flyer for needed and recommended items. If you have any questions, please call or email Ms. Bozio.
Please help support a Washington graduate who is serving in US Army and deployed to Afghanistan. Washington will be collecting items to be sent to Cpl Jeremy Mielke and his unit. This is Cpl Mielke’s second tour in Afghanistan and he is now a team leader. The items collected will be sent to him and distributed to his unit. Below is a list of needed and/or recommended items.
- Wet wipes
- Travel size hygiene items
- Disposable razors
- Chap stick
- Nuts/Dried fruit
- Cheese/peanut butter cracker sandwiches
- Treats/Candy (long shelf life, packaged, and won’t melt)
- Beef Jerky
- Granola bars, power bars, energy bars
- Instant drinks (coffee, crystal light, Mio)
- Magazines/ Paperback books
- Cards, letters, pictures and anything to make someone’s day
- Stationary and pens